RV Renting For A 2 Week Long Trip
Hey.. we are a group of 4-5 people who are planning to rent an RV for a 2 week long trip. we plan to start the trip from South Carolina and move up north east to Virginia, NJ, NYC, Boston and probably Maine.
On the way back, planning to visit Philly, Ohio and to Chicago (my favorite city). Then as we move back down south, the points of interest are Indianapolis, Louisville(KY), Tennessee & Atlanta. we finally have a 3 day window for Florida and then get back to South Carolina.
We would like to know the following things. If you could answer some or all of these, it would be of great help.
1. Is renting a RV and doing the 2 week long trip the best thing to do? I am asking both financially, time-wise and logistically too. we can cut down some places if it's too much of a stretch.
2. will weather be a big issue (as most cities we are planning to visit will be snowed out)?
3. can RV be parked anywhere at night or do we have to pay for parking permit?
4. how much do you think we would end up spending for this trip just for the rental and gas? (Food can be discounted).
5. Do we have to worry about any other issues? (mechanical or financial)
6. I will be the only driver and I have no prior experience. any tips or suggestions on what I have to look for?
This website does have lot of useful information and I am going through most of it. I got to give it to you guys for the picture you have in the site. It's just too tempting for anyone to try out the RV experience. Good one!
Ok. I will stop here and let you guys review and throw in your opinions or suggestions.