How to Register in a State

How to Register in a State

by Joel
(Fort Collins, Colorado)

We want to sell our current house, buy an RV, and travel for awhile. For insurance purposes, I would like to register in a different state, either Kansas or Missouri. If I have no designated address (not planning to buy or rent any property for now), how do I become a resident of either of those 2 states? Thanks.

Comments for How to Register in a State

Click here to add your own comments

May 15, 2010
The Point of Making Yourself a Gypsy
by: Anonymous

Deliberately "homeless" is to not be physically tied to one place, to have an address.

Sure, there are ways of scamming this by using the address of a re-mailer or a friend or relative or some other method to get around the fact that you do not really have a set physical abode.

But then the point of selling your home and cutting those ties is so you can become a full-timer on the road, seeing America, without having the expense and problem of maintaining a home base that you do not often return to.

I guess things being the way they are you just have to figure out a way to play the game.

May 14, 2010
by: Anonymous

How do the homeless get to vote? Essentially if you sell your house and go on the road, you are "homeless", so how do the homeless register? I am curious about this answer as well. We are nearing retirement and would like to take to the open road.

Apr 29, 2010
I've always wondered about this too,
by: elocs

and have never seen a satisfactory answer that can be easily accomplished. There must be thousands of full timing gypsies out on the road now without any permanent address, no physical home.

Click here to add your own comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to RV Q and A.