Debating RVing for Work
So here's what i got:
- Travel job moving every 3 months(anywhere in U.S)
- Myself, wife and two kids 4yrs and 3yrs
-50k for an RV (would like that to be half, but that's the highest I can go)
- Good car for driving around town
Here's the plan:
- Buy trailer type/5th wheel RV
- Rent truck every 3months to move trailer/5th wheel. (a lot of places let you rent one way)
- Have my family travel with me while I work
- Never bought an RV (need only sleep 4 but would like as much room as possible due to the fact the kids probably won't always be able to play outside)
- Is this more affordable then renting extend stay hotels? (can figure out cost of the hotels not so easy figuring out the RV living)
- Is there an RV in this price range that fits my needs?
- Will my family go insane living this close together?
- Is the RV a business expense? (I will talk to a tax guy, but if anyone already has info would like to hear it)
- Might get jobs in larger cities is there campgrounds for RV's?
So any info or flaws in my plan would be great to hear about. If this works out well, probably spring for a bigger RV in future years.